The Western Michigan University College of Education and Human Development Society for Alumni and Friends exists to support the advancement of CoEHD at WMU, its faculty, alumni and students. It is an organization that functions as the formal alumni relations arm of CoEHD and implements numerous programs and initiatives to assist CoEHD to achieve its strategic goals and vision. Specifically, the Society has the following goals:
- To assist in recruiting students to CoEHD with support and help in planning off-campus regional recruitment events
- To provide on-campus events that will allow CoEHD students to interact with the alumni and develop job-related skill sets.
- To provide mentorship to CoEHD students.
- To serve as a conduit for alumni to give back to and stay connected to the college
- To recognize and celebrate the achievements of CoEHD alumni
- To promote and support the mission of CoEHD.