The executive committee includes the deans (or designees) of the four academic colleges engaged in educator preparation at Western Michigan University: the College of Education and Human Development, the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Fine Arts and the College of Health and Human Services.
Other members of the executive committee include the director of teacher education, the associate provost for undergraduate education and assessment, and representatives from the local pre-K-12 schools as follows:
- One principal appointed by the Kalamazoo County Council of Principals.
- Superintendent of the Kalamazoo Regional Education Service Agency.
- Two superintendents appointed by the Region 7 MASA Board (one representing an urban district and one representing a rural or suburban district).
The dean of the College of Education and Human Development, serving as the head of the educator preparation unit at WMU, chairs the executive committee and presides at the annual Educator Preparation Governing Council meeting. The executive committee meets at least twice each semester.
The executive committee will be responsible for overseeing the governance of the council. Specifically, it has the following responsibilities:
- To review and approve recommendations of new policies or revision to existing policies put forward by the Assessment and Compliance Committee concerning educator preparation.
- To review and approve recommendations of curriculum changes put forward by the ACC.
- To present the recommendations to concerned colleges, departments, and programs.
- To oversee the implementation of recommended curriculum changes or new policies.
- To allocate resources to support initiatives.
- To appoint membership to both the ACC and the communications committee.
- Ming Li, dean of the College of Education and Human Development
- Marcia Fetters, interim associate dean and director of teacher education of the College of Education and Human Development
- Carla Koretsky, dean of the College of Arts and Sciences and professor of Geosciences
- Dan Guyette, dean of the College of Fine Arts
- Dave Reinhold, associate provost for undergraduate education and assessment
- David Campbell, superintendent of Kalamazoo Regional Educational Service Agency
- Michael Rice, superintendent of Kalamazoo Public Schools