E-business marketing (EBM) is a new interdisciplinary major that combines the study of Marketing and Information Systems to prepare students for careers in fields such as e-commerce, digital marketing, mobile marketing, social media, and web and mobile application development and services. Students will study digital technologies, web applications, web design and digital marketing practices in order to solve contemporary business problems and meet challenges in the rapidly changing digital marketplace. The EBM major, scheduled to begin in Fall 2012, is a unique program that combines the study of Marketing and Information Systems in an interdisciplinary curriculum.
- Knowledge of marketing principles, especially as they relate to Internet marketing.
- Knowledge of Internet information systems.
- Ability to assess market potential, reach target markets and conduct market research online or offline.
- Knowledge of traditional ebusiness models, such as those used by Google, EBay and Amazon.
- Knowledge of emerging ebusiness models.
- Knowledge of, and skills in using, social media marketing.
- Undestanding of new technologies, hardware and software.
- Familiarity with legal and ethical issues related to EBM.
- Knowledge of mobile marketing technologies and techniques.
- Knowledge of effective web and mobile design and usability.
- Ability to develop web marketing strategies and applications.
- Knowledge of search engine optimization and marketing.