Benefits and drawbacks of WMU CMS
- Global responsive design compatibility for web devices ranging from smartphones to large-screen monitors.
- Simultaneous posting of campus emergency and weather closing announcements on every page in the system.
- Consistent University branding.
- Greatly enhanced system security.
- Consistent application of best practices for accessibility.
- Improved quality control to ensure that images and web content are of a high caliber.
- New features are implemented system-wide, not through individual sections.
- Limited but growing set of features and tools for customizing pages.
- You will need to use a local VPN client—not a web-based client, such as vpn.wmich.edu—to access CMS pages from off campus.
Access to the CMS
- There are no "group accounts" in WMU CMS; rather, users log in individually with their Bronco NetID usernames and passwords.
- Users can be assigned to one or more sections with a specific role in each section.
- Every change made in the system is logged and associated to the specific person who made it.
Released on July 28, 2015, this version introduced a new visual theme.
Released on Dec. 11, 2015, this version introduced new layout options for section home pages.