Career Outcomes for 2016-17 WMU Graduates

Career and Student Employment Services surveyed all (N=5205) WMU students graduating with bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees between August 2016 and June 2017. Data was obtained for 77% of the population (N=4016).

91% of WMU graduates were actively engaged within three months of graduation.

 “Active engagement” includes full-time employment, part-time employment, military service, volunteering full time, and continuing education. 

PRIMARY ACTIVITY SUMMARY

Actively Engaged N=3639 91%
Employed full time N=2843 71%
Employed part time N=186 5%
Continuing education N=568 14%
Military service N=29 1%
Volunteering full time N=13 0.3%
Not Actively Engaged N=377 9%
Looking for work N=317 8%
Other commitments N=60 1%

FULL-TIME EMPLOYMENT HIGHLIGHTS

  • 71% of respondents were employed full time.
  • The median salary was $40,000–$45,000 based on 1733 reported salaries.
  • 85% have a job that is related to their degree.
  • 88% are satisfied with their job.
  • 77% work in Michigan; 21% work in 48 other U.S. states; and 2% work in 26 countries outside the U.S.

CONTINUING EDUCATION

  • 14% of respondents are pursuing further education after graduating from WMU.
  • 51% are continuing education at WMU, and the remaining 49% will attend 116 different institutions. 

EXPERIENTIAL EDUCATION

  • 84% of respondents completed an experiential education activity at WMU.
  • View internships by major in the WMU Internship Catalog.

WMU POST-GRADUATION ACTIVITY REPORT

2016-17 POST-GRADUATION ACTIVITY REPORT

POST-GRADUATION ACTIVITY SUMMARIES BY COLLEGE