Career and Student Employment Services surveyed all (N=5217) WMU students graduating with bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees between August 2014 and June 2015. Data was obtained for 75% of the population (N=3929).
88% of WMU graduates were actively engaged within three months of graduation.
“Active engagement” is defined as full-time employment (including self-employment and post-graduate internships/fellowships); part-time employment; military service; and continuing education. Categories not included in active engagement are unemployed and seeking employment; not seeking employment; and volunteering.
Primary Activity Summary
|Employed full time||N=2510||63.9%|
|Employed part time||N=325||8.3%|
|Not Actively Engaged||N=464||11.8%|
|Unemployed and seeking||N=405||10.3%|
|Not seeking employment||N=47||1.2%|
Full-Time Employment Highlights
- 64% of respondents were employed full time.
- The median salary was $40,000–$45,000 based on 1580 reported salaries.
- 87% have a job that is related to their degree based on 1636 responses.
- 93% are satisfied with their job based on 1426 responses.
- 75% work in Michigan; 22% work in 46 other U.S. states; and 3% work in 22 countries outside the U.S.
- 15% of respondents are pursuing further education after graduating from WMU.
- 54% are continuing education at WMU, and the remaining 46% will attend 118 different institutions.
- 75% of respondents completed an experiential education activity at WMU based on 3758 responses.
If the above report does not display properly, please download this version