The first step to recruiting at WMU is to create a new or access an existing BroncoJOBS account.
BroncoJOBS is now powered by Handshake. Here is what you need to know:
- If you do not have an account you may create one by visiting https://wmich.joinhandshake.com and clicking the Handshake logo. Then click "Need an Account." Handshake will walk you through the process of creating an account.
- If you already have a Handshake account, you may login and add Western Michigan University by clicking "Schools" on the left hand side bar, then clicking "Search Schools" in the top right. Find Western and click "Request Access."
- Questions? Visit our BroncoJOBS Frequently Asked Questions page or call us at (269) 387-2745.
There is not a fee to post opportunities directly to WMU's BroncoJOBS portal.
Create or access BroncoJOBS account
- BroncoJOBS is the WMU’s online job and internship management system, and it offers you 24/7 access to post jobs at your convenience, make edits to postings, create screening criteria, and manage applications online. Listing your openings with BroncoJOBS can provide substantially increased exposure to 25,000 qualified candidates from a variety of majors.
- New to BroncoJOBS? Create an account and request to connect with Western Michigan University. We will review your profile within two business days, and you will be able to immediately post positions.
What opportunities can be posted?
- Full-time positions that require at least a bachelor’s degree in a major/field of study offered at WMU
- Paid internships
- Unpaid internships (nonprofit organizations and government agencies only)
- Part-time jobs in the greater Kalamazoo area (within 10 miles of the main campus)
- Student employment and graduate assistant opportunities on WMU campus
Who can post opportunities?
- Employing organizations that provide a company name, address, phone number, URL, and job description, including a job title, location of employment, and contact information.
- Private residents in the greater Kalamazoo area with part-time employment opportunities who provide adequate contact information. Examples include childcare, housekeeping, tutoring, yard work, etc.
- Greater Kalamazoo area part-time employers who provide adequate contact information and job details.
- Recruiting agencies if the candidate pays no fee and is not required to function as an independent contractor. The recruiter and recruiting agency will be listed as the contact for the posted position.
- Third-party recruiters: please read, sign, and return the following guidelines and agreement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third party recruiter guidelines
What information is required to post an opportunity?
- Job description including a company/organization profile
- Contact person’s name, email, address, and telephone number
- Required application materials requested (resume, cover letter, transcript, references)
- Specific candidate criteria (GPA, class year)
- Application deadline
- Location of the job
- Delivery method for application materials
How do I post a job?
- To have the opportunity included in BroncoJOBS for free, you must create a new recruiting account or log in to your existing BroncoJOBS account and request access to Western Michigan University.
- We review each account and posting to ensure marketability and integrity. Please allow up to three business days for your request to be processed. The approval process may take more time during holidays, major career events, or during university closings.
Job and internship posting guidelines
- To utilize BroncoJOBS, all employers and their representatives must comply with all Equal Employment Opportunity standards.
- Please read the Department of Justice Best Practices for Online Job Postings to ensure that your organization is in compliance with the law with regard to work authorization when recruiting at WMU.
- Employers may not ask the employee for fees to pay for training, applications or other job-related expenses (excluding federal and state licensing requirements such as real estate, securities, etc.), or ask a student intern to pay any fee except for housing or tuition.
- Career and Student Employment Services reserves the right to edit, delete, or decline employer profiles or job postings that require financial investment on the part of our students/alumni or may involve unreasonable risks, as well as postings that are not in compliance with the NACE Principles for Employment Professionals.
- If you need help with BroncoJOBS, our employer relations team is here to help you between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Email us at email@example.com or call us at (269) 387-2745.
- To learn about employer-student engagement programs, customized recruitment planning, and branding/sponsorship opportunities, please contact Buffy Nespodzany.