April 6, 2018
10 a.m.to 2 p.m.
Aviation Education Center (GPS address: 237 Helmer Rd N, Battle Creek, MI 49037, USA)
WMU Career and Student Employment Services, and WMU College of Aviation, welcome you to participate in the 10th annual Aviation Outlook Day.
- The event takes place on Friday, April 6, 2018, and is located at the Aviation Education Center on WMU's Battle Creek campus (237 Helmer Rd N, Battle Creek, MI 49037, USA).
- Aviation Outlook Day is free and open to the public. Search for employers hiring from your area using Handshake.
- All attendees must check in upon entering the event. WMU students may swipe into the event using their Bronco Card.
- Research employers prior to attending the event.
- Wear professional business attire.
- Bring copies of your resume.
- Students should visit Career and Student Employment Services prior to the event to help prepare.
All questions about Aviation Outlook Day can be directed to Sarah Hagen (269) 387-2745 | email@example.com
WMU Career and Student Employment Services, and WMU College of Aviation, welcome you to participate in the 10th annual Aviation Outlook Day. The event is Friday, April 6, 2018 in the Aviation Education Center on the WMU Battle Creek Campus (237 Helmer Rd N, Battle Creek, MI 49037, USA).
Aviation Outlook Day is designed to offer employers an opportunity to:
- Showcase your organization as an attractive employer, and increase your presence on WMU's campus while meeting with qualified candidates in an informal setting.
- Educate aviation students and faculty about your services, by sharing information regarding career pathways and future opportunities within your organization.
- Network with student organizations from the College of Aviation and other organizations who also recruit WMU graduates.
- Collect resumes and recruit candidates for part-time, full-time, and internship opportunities.
Tables will be available for your convenience during and after the event if you would like to offer on-site interviews of viable candidates. As an additional option, we can assist you in setting up an on-campus interviewing date at a later time free of charge.
To cancel registration and receive a refund, notify our office by: Friday, March 23, 2018, by 5 p.m. (firstname.lastname@example.org | 269-387-2745)
- 9 to 10 a.m. - Arrive and unload materials
- 10 a.m. - students begin circulating
- Noon to 1 p.m. - lunch (event continues during lunch)
- 2 p.m. - day concludes
Registration and payment process
- After registration is received for approval, one of our staff members will review it.
- An invoice will be sent with the total due and credit card payment instructions.
- Payment is due within one business day.
- Once payment is received, a receipt and confirmation will be sent to the registrant.
Note: Employers’ booths are not secured for Aviation Outlook Day 2018 until payment is received. Booths that have not been secured may be assigned to another employer that has paid.
Registration (one table | $200) - early bird price of $125 available until December 29, 2017, at 10 a.m.
- Two (2) recruiters - each additional recruiter $35.
- One display table.
- Parking, lunch for two (2) recruiters, and assistance loading/unloading materials.
Aviation Outlook Day Sponsorship Package ($500 package | 5 available)
In addition to the amenities listed in the "Registration" package above, this package includes:
- Prime table placement during the event.
- Extra promotional marketing exposure on our website and targeted communication to our campus community as an Aviation Outlook Day Sponsor.
- One complimentary Information Session.
- Staff your area with up to 4 representatives who will be provided with special name tags and job fair sponsor ribbons.
Western Michigan University is committed to partnering with organizations to provide WMU students with a smooth transition from education to employment. We look forward to welcoming you to Western Michigan University and hope that you will join us on April 6th to make this transition a success!
Please contact Sarah Hagen at (269) 387-2745 if you need assistance with registration. If you have general questions, you may also contact Eric Epplett at (269) 964-7846.
Cancellation policy: Employers needing to cancel their registration must notify Career and Student Employment Services in writing at email@example.com on or before Friday, March 23, 2018. Refund amounts are given at the discretion of Career and Student Employment Services.
Tobacco policy: Effective September 1, 2014, the use of tobacco products is only permitted in enclosed personal vehicles. The use of tobacco products is not permitted indoors or outdoors on any University property.
Questions regarding Aviation Outlook Day 2018 should be directed to Sarah Hagen: firstname.lastname@example.org | (269) 387-2745
Employers are welcome to send packages containing job fair materials to WMU prior to Aviation Outlook Day and are responsible for shipping costs. WMU will ensure that your organization’s materials are at the Aviation Education Center when you arrive for the fair if the steps and directions are followed below:
SEND PACKAGES TO:
Western Michigan University
College of Aviation
ATTN: Aviation Outlook Day 2018
237 North Helmer Road
Battle Creek, MI 49037-7917
FedEx and UPS are the only vendors that can be used for shipping to WMU.
IMPORTANT: Label three sides of the package with “Aviation Outlook Day 2018”
- To ensure that packages are at the Aviation Education Center on the morning of the Aviation Outlook Day, please arrange delivery to WMU between March 26 and April 3. Be sure to confirm with your carrier how long your package will take to arrive.
- Employers need to record the tracking number for packages shipped to WMU and have it handy on the day of the Aviation Outlook Day.
- Return labels MUST BE printed by the employer and attached to outgoing packages for shipment. Packages cannot be sent without the return label.
Baymont Inn*, 2203 S. 11th Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49009, (269) 372-7999
Best Western Plus Kalamazoo Suites*, 2575 S. 11th Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49009, (269) 350-5522
Country Inn and Suites*, 1912 E. Kilgore Road, Kalamazoo, MI 49002, (269) 382-2303
Fairfield Inn West*, 6420 Cracker Barrel Drive, Kalamazoo, MI 49009, (269) 353-6400
Hampton Inn & Suites**, 5059 S. 9th Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49009, (269) 372-1010
Holiday Inn-West*, 2747 S. 11th Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49009, (269) 375-6000
Radisson Plaza Hotel**, 100 W. Michigan Avenue, Kalamazoo, MI 49007, (269) 343-3333
*For discount, please ask for the Western Michigan University rate.
**For discount, please ask for the Western Friends & Family rate.
Checker Cab, (269) 345-0177
Metro Transit Bus, (269) 337-8222
American Airlines, (800) 433-7300
Delta, (800) 221-1212
Continental, (800) 523-3273
Midwest, (800) 452-2022
Northwest, (800) 221-1212
U.S. Air, (800) 428-4322
Visit the Kalamazoo/Battle Creek International Airport website for flight information.
Applebee's, (269) 382-4448
Bilbo's Pizza, (269) 382-5544
The Union, (269) 384-6756
Burdick's Bar & Grill, (269) 226-3192
Food Dance Café, (269) 382-1888
Gallagher's Eatery & Pub, (269) 372-7177
Martell's, (269) 375-2105
Olde Peninsula, (269) 343-2739
Outback Steakhouse, (269) 342-4329
T.G.I. Friday's, (269) 349-6010
University Roadhouse, (269) 345-7990
Webster's Fine Dining, (269) 343-4444