AVIATION INDUSTRY ROAD TRIP 2018
Career and Student Employment Services, in partnership with the College of Aviation, is excited to announce a three-day spring break road trip open to all students with Aviation majors that are currently enrolled. This program is designed for students in the College of Aviation who are interested in networking with employers, touring the campuses of various airline companies, and learning more about professionalism and Aviation career opportunities.
- The second annual “Aviation Industry Road Trip” professional development and networking road trip will visit three leaders in the Aviation industry: Republic Airways in Indianapolis, IN; PSA Airlines in Dayton, OH; and Kalitta Air in Ypsilanti, MI.
- The group will leave from the Battle Creek campus the morning of Tuesday, March 6 and return the evening of Thursday, March 8.
- This voluntary (no earned academic credit) trip requires all participating students to attend a pre-trip workshop, participate in daily dinner debriefs during the trip, and present on their experience to stakeholders after the trip.
- The student cost to participate in this trip is $100 (non-refundable). Included in the $100 fee is transportation (sponsored by the Lee Honors College), two overnight hotel stays, and all meals (breakfasts included in hotel costs; lunches provided by employers; dinners sponsored by Career and Student Employment Services). Students are encouraged to bring their own spending money for evening free time.
The application deadline is Friday, January 26, 2018. As there are limited spots available, the application process will be competitive. Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate academic success and leadership capability both in and out of the classroom. Application materials must include:
- Completed application form
- Current resume
- Reference list of two or more professional contacts
- 300-word essay addressing the following questions:
- What are your professional goals and ambitions?
- What would you like to gain from this experience?
- How will the Aviation Industry Road Trip benefit you academically, socially, and professionally?
Application materials can be sent via email to Sarah Hagen at firstname.lastname@example.org or by dropping them off at Career and Student Employment Services, Ellsworth Hall First Floor.
THANK YOU TO OUR PARTICIPATING EMPLOYERS