The race will begin on campus starting at 9:15 a.m. Road closures will start at 8 a.m. and continue until 10:15 a.m. The start/finish line will be in front of University Arena. The race runs as follows:
- Up Western Ave. to West Michigan Ave.
- Up the hill past Sangren Hall
- Down Gilkinson Ave.
- Turning onto Goldsworth Drive to Rankin Ave.
- Turning into Business Court
- Around the court area, through Everett/Rood Halls to Haenicke overpass
- Around Faunce, Kohrman, and the parking structure by Miller Auditorium
- To the loop and through the parking lot by Gilmore Theatre Complex
- Up West Shaw to Van de Giessen Rd. to Arcadia Rd.
- Then back to Western Ave. to the finish line
- 7:30 to 10:30 a.m.—Oliver St. from Stadium Dr. to Western Ave.
- Until 9:30 a.m.—W. Michigan Avenue to Sangren Hall.
- Until 9:50 a.m.—N. Dormitory, Gilkinson, Goldsworth, Rankin, to Valley Dr.
- Until 10:05 a.m.—Rankin, Business Ct. to Miller Ramp.
- until 10:15 a.m.—Western Ave., Roell, Shaw, VandeGiessen, Arcadia, Western Ave. to finish line.
Roads to reopen at 10:15 a.m. Walkers and runners will be asked to move to the sidewalk to finish the race.
About one-half of the 5K race route is on the West Campus Ring Road—Rankin Avenue, Goldsworth Drive, North Dormitory Road, West Michigan Avenue and Western Avenue, where the race starts and ends at the recreation center.
Instructions for 5K runners
- Most of the 5K course is on roads.
- Runners will use the inside lane, counterclockwise.
- Runners unable to continue running may move to adjoining sidewalk and walk until able to rejoin the run.
- 7 a.m.—Free race parking is available until 11:30 a.m. in Lot 13 and Lot 80 (the parking structure)—check the orange areas on the map above.
- 7 a.m.—Race-day registration and packet pickup at the Student Recreation Center until 9 a.m.
- 8:45 a.m.—1K Fun Run begins between the Student Recreation Center and University Arena.
- 9:15 a.m.—5K Run and Walk begin in front of the Read Fieldhouse on Western Avenue. No pets allowed.
- 10:15 a.m.—5K course re-opens to cars. Walkers still on the course should move to the sidewalk to finish the course.
- 10:15 a.m.—Awards ceremony and refreshments at the Student Recreation Center indoor tennis courts.