Haworth College of Business
Western Michigan University
1903 West Michigan Avenue
Kalamazoo, MI 49008-5470 USA
- MBA, Management Concentration, Spring Arbor University
- B.A., History, Colombia College
- A.A., Elementary Education, Kalamazoo Valley Community College
- MBTI Type I and II, CPP, 2014
- Strong Interest Inventory, GS Consultants, 2013
- Labor and Employment Specialist, Department of Labor, 2012
- Case Management, Department of Labor, 2012
- Promoting Partnerships for Employment, Department of Labor, 2012
Bob Stewart is a career development specialist at Western Michigan University's Haworth College of Business Zhang Career Center. He joined the college staff in 2013.
- Advising and educational services to assist students with self-exploration for professional development, research and selection of academic business programs and careers.
- Preparation for internship and professional job search and interviewing processes.
Stewart teaches two courses—a pre-business career development course and a first year seminar. Stewart is also certified to administer and interpret the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and Strong Interest Inventory assessments.
Prior to his employment with the career center, Stewart was employed as a Disabled Veteran Outreach Program Specialist with the state of Michigan working to build the employability skills of disabled veterans. Stewart also served as a retention and training specialist with Michigan Works JET program to develop and improve the career development skills of individuals on welfare.
Prior to his work in career development, Stewart served on active duty in the U.S. Navy for six years as an Electronic Warfare Operator and Aviation Electrician aboard the E-P3 aircraft. In this dual role, he met many challenges, including but not limited to, extensive deployments, flight line operations management and subordinate mentorship and training. During his home cycle, he focused on finishing his bachelor’s degree and securing valuable workforce development and job coaching experiences as a volunteer at WorkSource Whidbey in the state of Washington.