Who is eligible to take the test?
Students who are admitted to Western Michigan University or prospective students wishing to be admitted to WMU or the Academically Talented Youth Program. Scores are only available to WMU and will not be sent to other schools for review.
Academically Talented Youth Program
Phone: (269) 387-3553
How to prepare
ACT Online Prep is the only online test preparation program designed exclusively by ACT test development professionals. ACT Online Prep has practice test questions, practice essays with real-time scoring, a diagnostic test and a personalized study path.
The Real ACT Prep Guide is the official published guide to the ACT. This book includes three practice tests previously used in test administrations; each with an optional writing test. The book includes explanations for all right and wrong answer choices.
Review the sample questions and explanations at the ACT website.
How to register
- Fill out the ACT residual test registration form.
- Upon receipt of the completed online registration form, you will receive an automatic reply that your registration has been received. No other confirmation will be sent.
- A check made payable to Western Michigan University for $45 must be received by the Monday prior to the test or your reservation may be forfeited. Mail it to:
Western Michigan University/ATYP
ACT Residual Testing
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5244 USA
- On the testing date, arrive 15 minutes early as the exam begins promptly at 9 a.m. The exam usually finishes between noon and 12:30 p.m.
- Be sure to bring the correct identification information and calculator. You can find information on identification, permitted calculators and test preparation at www.actstudent.org.
2015-16 remaining available test dates
- Nov. 20
- March 18, 2016
- May 20, 2016
- June 17, 2016
- July 15, 2016
- Aug. 19, 2016
Frequently asked questions
- Can I use a calculator?
- How do I get ready for test day?
- What happens if there is bad weather on test day?
- More frequently asked questions from ACT
- Testing is on Friday morning and begins promptly at 9 a.m. Please arrive by 8:45 a.m. at the latest.
- Testing is not available every month; see the schedule above for testing dates.
- The examination fee is $45 and must be received one week before the test date.
- Electronic payment is not available. If payment is late, you will be charged an additional $10 late registration fee on the day and/or you may be deferred to the next scheduled testing date. Payment will not be refunded if you fail to attend or arrive too late to test.