How to download WMU 3D-Models
Google has informed us that they will be loading all of the WMU 3D models into Google Earth within the next few weeks. Until that time, please feel free to download the models individually using the following steps:
- Download and install Google Earth.
- Visit the Google Sketchup 3D Warehouse 'Western Michigan University Collection' page
- Under the preview for each model, click the “View in Google Earth” link.
This will download placemarkers for each building into Google Earth. Google Earth should open immediately when this file is downloaded.
- Within the Google Earth application, there should now be marker symbols over the locations of each of our buildings. Clicking on these markers will allow you too see information on the building, as well as allow you to “View in Google Earth.” Select this option and the building will be downloaded and displayed.
- Click on other markers within the Google Earth application to download other buildings.
- When finished, go to File - > Save my Places. This will save the buildings that you downloaded so that they will automatically load the next time you log into Google Earth.