Additional Scholarship Offerings
In lieu of performance awards
- 2 Leadership scholarships—$2,500 annual
- 2 Competitive Scholarships—$12,000 annual
Leadership and competitive scholarships requirements and application:
- Leadership scholarship open to Majors and Minors meeting a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Competitive scholarship open to Majors and Minors meeting a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- A student will not be awarded both a Leadership and Competitive scholarship at the same time.
- Leadership and competitive scholarship awards will count towards the maximum total of nine semester awards.
- Must satisfy 1–10 activity requirements as found on PTF Scholarship Application.
- To apply, complete the PTF scholarship application and submit a 1–3 page essay indicating why you should be chosen to by the PTF scholarship application deadline. For 2014–15 consideration, the application deadline will be Friday, Sept. 5.
- Phone and/or in-person interview may also be required as determined by the ecruitment and Scholarship Committee.
Essay will be judged using the following metrics:
- 40%: Over all presentation of essay (grammar and writing skills).
- 20%: Evidence presented of engagement with Paper Industry or Paper Engineering Program.
- 20%: Evidence presented of ability to provide innovation or contribution to industry at one or more internships/co-ops.
- 20%: Evidence presented of actions taken to provide leadership or mentoring to underclassmen/women.
In addition to performance awards
- Co-op Enrollment Award—$400 for PAPR3100.
- Senior Honors Award, last year if GPA exceeds 3.5—$500 per semester.
- Senior Co-op Award, upon first semester of eligibility—$500 annual .
- Reach Across/Reach Back—$200 per referral.
Co-op Enrollment Award, Senior Honors, Senior Co-op, and Reach Across/Reach Back Awards:
- Co-op Enrollment Award will occur when a student’s semester enrollment is for PAPR3100 only.
- Separate application not required for Senior Honors and Senior Co-op Awards; there is automatic consideration when application is made for Performance-Based Awards.
- Reach Across/Reach Back referral notification must be sent to by the start of the applicable semester.