Trustees approve retirements of six faculty, staff members
Sept. 29, 2011 | WMU News
KALAMAZOO--The retirements of three faculty members and three staff members were approved by the Western Michigan University Board of Trustees at its Sept. 28 meeting.
Trustees also signed off on six faculty resignations as well as one sabbatical leave.
All of the faculty members who are retiring are doing so with emeritus status. Their names, positions, years of continuous service and effective dates of retirement are:
- Dr. Linda L. Dannison, chair and professor of family and consumer sciences, 31 years, effective June 30, 2012
- Dr. Eileen B. Evans, vice provost for institutional effectiveness and associate professor of English, 30 years, effective Dec. 31, 2011
- Dr. Hanjoon Lee, professor of marketing, 25 years, effective Aug. 19, 2011
- Dixie L. Edwards, administrative assistant in the Office of Governmental Affairs, 12 years, effective Dec. 31, 2011
- Sue M. Hampton, custodian in Facilities Management-building custodial and support services, 33 years, effective Dec. 31, 2011
- Susan Z. Kamman, facilities analyst in Facilities Management-planning, 13 years, effective Dec. 19, 2011
- Dr. William H. Arnold, assistant professor of educational leadership, research and technology, effective Aug. 21, 2011
- Dr. Michael J. Chiarappa, associate professor of history, effective Aug. 21, 2011
- Dr. Karlis Kaugars, associate professor of computer science, effective Oct. 10, 2011
- Carissa Moeggenberg, faculty specialist I-clinical specialist in speech pathology and audiology, effective Aug. 19, 2011
- Dr. Kristin Szylvian, associate professor of history, effective Aug. 21, 2011
- Dr. Jordan Yin, assistant professor of geography, effective Aug. 15, 2011
The sabbatical leave was granted to Dr. Jay A. Wood, professor of mathematics, effective fall 2011.