Home > WMU News
Summer camp opportunities at WMU
June 9, 2010
KALAMAZOO--Whether they like to play the drums, shoot hoops, sing jazz or design their own video games, youngsters will find something to engage their minds at numerous Western Michigan University camps planned for this summer.
Registration is underway for many of the camps, and space is limited for most. The following is a partial list.
Summer 2010 camps at WMU
- Various dates throughout June, July and August--Bronco athletics sports camps for high-school-age and younger students interested in soccer, men's and women's basketball, volleyball, football, softball and baseball. Contact: (269) 387-3120.
- June 14-Sept. 2--Campus Kids, ages 18 months to five years, 12 themed weeks, 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, Children's Place Learning Center. Fees: $40 registration and $171 per week per child or hourly rates for WMU students, staff and community that range from $4.78 to $6.48. Contact: (269) 387-2277.
- June 20-25--Keith Hall Summer Drum Intensive, various ages and levels, Dalton Center. Final concerts are Thursday and Friday at The Union in downtown Kalamazoo. Tuition: $425. Dining hall meals: $150. Residence hall housing: $150. Contact: (201) 406-5059 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- June 27-July 2--Steve Zegree Vocal Jazz Camp, open to high school and college students, teachers, professors and the community, starts at 8 a.m. at the Dalton Center and runs through the day with evening rehearsals. Solo performances 8:30-10:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday at The Union in downtown Kalamazoo. Final concert is Friday at 7:30 p.m. at the Dalton Center. Fees: $495 and housing available for $250 per person for double room and board or $325 for single room. Contact: (269) 387-4689 or email@example.com.
- July 11-24--Seminar, high school summer music camp offered to students in grades nine through 12 and 2010 graduates in six areas of study: brass, woodwind, percussion, string, vocal/choral and keyboard. Held in residence hall facilities on the WMU campus. Tuition: $1,085 for resident who lives on campus, $885 for students who live off-campus. Competitive scholarships are available. Contact: (269) 387-4681 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- July 12-Aug. 27--Video Game Design Institute, grades eight to 12, seven weekly sessions, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, Parkview Campus. Fee: $275 per week. Contact: Scot Conant at (269) 276-3272 or email@example.com; John Troxtel at (818) 249-7030 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- July 19-23--Design and Manufacturing Summer Camp, grade six to eight, hands-on experience using design and manufacturing model of bringing products to market, 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., College of Engineering and Applied Sciences. Fee: $200 and a 10 percent discount for registration before June 14. Contact: (269) 276-3350.
Media contact: Deanne Puca, (269) 387-8400, email@example.com
Office of University Relations
Western Michigan University
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5433 USA