Home > WMU News >
Trustees approve 10 retirements
April 24, 2009
KALAMAZOO--The retirements of two faculty members and eight staff members were approved today by the Western Michigan University Board of Trustees. Trustees also accepted the resignation of one faculty member.
Both of the faculty members who are retiring are doing so with emeritus status. Following are their names, positions, years of continuous service and effective dates of retirement.
Retiring faculty members
- Dr. Emily P. Hoffman, professor of economics, 28-1/2 years, effective Dec. 31, 2009
- Christine M. Smith, professor of music, 17-1/2 years, effective April 30, 2009
Retiring staff members
- James N. Adduci, assistant manager in dining services-Davis Hall, 19 years, effective July 31, 2009
- Sharon L. Daughtry, groundskeeper II in physical plant-landscape services, 27-1/2 years, effective Aug. 31, 2009
- John Patrick McDevitt, police officer in the Department of Public Safety, 24 years, effective May 31, 2009
- Mary E. Metzler, custodian in physical plant-building, custodial and support services, 16-1/2 years, effective July 31, 2009
- Rebecca L. Roberts, millwright/maintenance mechanic in physical plant, 24-1/2 years, effective May 31, 2009
- Cynthia B. Stineback, office coordinator in Student Activities and Leadership Programs, 10 years, effective July 31, 2009
- Jacqueline Wadsworth, first cook in dining services-Burnham Hall, 22 years, effective June 30, 2009
- Sara L. Wick, library assistant senior in Waldo Library, 23 years, effective May 31, 2009
The faculty member resigning is: Dr. David Shields, dean of the Haworth College of Business, effective June 30, 2009.
Media contact: Jeanne Baron, (269) 387-8400, firstname.lastname@example.org
Office of University Relations
Western Michigan University
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5433 USA