The name of Western Michigan University's email system is W-Exchange. W-Exchange is powered by Microsoft Office 365 services and provides extensive collaboration tools.
SMTP server migration: those who are using smtp.wmich.edu must reconfigure your email client to use the outlook.office365.com server. The web version of W-Exchange and any email clients set up with Exchange do not require any changes. If you are unsure if you are using it or not, please contact the Technology Help Desk at (269) 387-4357, option 1. Thunderbird users should reconfigure their account. For Outlook and Mac Mail, we recommend using the Exchange setup instructions.
NOTE: Log in using email@example.com as the user name. Do not use your WMU email address to log in
Quick Start Guides for W-Exchange on the web
- Logging in to W-Exchange
- OneDrive & Word Web App
- Full Quick Start Guide (combines all above)
What do I get with W-Exchange?
- Email, powered by Outlook
- Calendar, powered by Outlook
- Contacts (People), powered by Outlook
- Online storage, powered by OneDrive for Business
- Online versions of Word, PowerPoint and Excel