The WUG leadership team peruses several blogs and world-wide university forums. Anything found notable will be posted here. If you find anything notable, send it to Nancy Kroes.
- Complete Guide to YouTube Optimization: Everything You Need to Improve Your Channel
Aug. 26, 2015
- Hacked: A Case Study at UM
Aug. 26, 2015
- 10 Tips to Keep Your Website Bounce Rate in Check
April 24, 2015
- Optimizing Your Content for the Social Feed
Jan. 6, 2015
- How to Manage Social Media in Higher Education
- Your College's New Website is Student-Focused, Mobile-Optimized, and Probably Long Overdue
- Storytelling with On-Brand News Content
- Planning Content Goals With Web Stakeholder Interviews
- 2014 E-Expectations Report - online preferences of college-bound high school seniors and their parents
- Making Users Remember Your Website
- Stop Wasting Users' Time
- Introducing Your Content: Page Titles and Headings
- Social Media Usage for Crisis Communications
- Content Strategy as Problem Solving
- Understanding Forms in Drupal
- Why Social Media Matters for University's Reputation
- 7 Tips for Using Vine to Reach Students
- Google Changes AdWords Ad Rank Calculation
- What goes into Google's search rankings recipe?
- 7 Tech Trends for the Class of 2017
- eduStyle Awards 2013 Winners Announced
- Recruiting Students is Easier When They Can Find You
- Results: A Look at Content Strategy in Higher Education
- Three Keys to Teaching People to Use Social Media Responsibly
- Portal Websites: The Great Content Divide
- How to Make Professional Quality Videos on a Shoestring Budget
- Add Filmmaking Talent to Your Web Content Team
- Navigation for Mega-Sites
- Augmented reality done right by Simpson College
- Training: The Missing Element of Content Governance
- Academic program pages that work
- Setup Your YouTube Videos for Success
- What to Cut: A Content Cropping Checklist
- 12 must-read LINK posts about #heweb12: the blogged edition
- 8 Tips to Prepare For a Sucessful Campus Photo Shoot
- How Your School's Online Presence Impacts Retention
- Designing Content Workflow for Your CMS
- SEO is Dead. Long Live Social Sharing!
- The Content Strategy Knowledge Gap
- Will Retina Displays Make More Work for Us?
- Higher Ed Responsive Web Design Trail Blazers say "Content-First"
- How Tablets Will Change Higher Ed
- UXMYTHS Debunking user experience misconceptions
- RESS: An Evolution of Responsive Web Design
- 3 Important Things When Marketing to International Students
- Making Complex Selections in Photoshop
- University Infographics: Yes, you should.
- Why do #highered responsive websites need more "responsible" content?
- Meet Content April Newsletter
- Content With Purpose: Ready, Set, Action!
- Your .edu Website is Too Complicated
- What the... Files: Content and Content Strategy
- Mobile Apps Will Pass - History Will Repeat Itself
- Rethinking the UX of the Program Listing
- The 2012 State of the Mobile Web in Higher Ed Survey Report
- The Basics of Search Friendly Design & Development
- The 5 Most Valuable Places for Keywords on Your Website
- The Mobile Browsing Behaviors and Expectations of College-Bound High School Students