Telling the WMU story
The Office of University Relations helps the WMU community understand and anticipate the issues that affect our campus, region and the world. We coordinate WMU’s key messages to grow its reputation and tell the WMU story through several written and electronic outlets established for the University community and beyond.
- News Radio program—A selection of audio interviews with campus experts covering a wide range of topical and timely events. Soundbites and transcripts are available for download.
- News releases—A compilation of the latest news, research and feature stories from every corner of campus as well as those related to the University. Topics are driven by events and trends and sent to local, state and national media with supporting art and photos for publication by print, broadcast and electronic outlets.
- Western News—A semimonthly printed newsletter for and about faculty and staff. It is typically published every other Thursday when classes are in session and during fall, spring and summer I sessions.
- WMU Events Calendar—The University's only comprehensive events calendar.
- WMU Magazine—A full-color, quarterly publication that highlights alumni, faculty and student research, innovation and success. It is available on campus and to the greater community as well as to alumni around the country.
- WMU News—An online publication of timely news, events and alerts.
- WMU Today—A semiweekly email that typically is sent to all faculty and staff on Tuesdays and Thursdays highlighting recent news and announcements.
The Office of University Relations also coordinates several Universitywide training programs and offers resources such as the Writing for and about WMU guide for faculty and staff communicators.