Traveling Abroad

International travel will follow the same air travel steps and uses the Online Travel Authorization system. Please note international flight need to be booked though a AAA Travel agent by calling (800) 854-5044. The NUTRAVEL system is only for domestic air travel.

Depending on the travel destination additional documentation may be needed. It is your responsibility to secure the documentation needed when traveling abroad. Travelers going abroad may also want to take advantage of AIG World Risk Assist® and the iJet World Cue Traveler programs as well as use the Foreign Traveler Summary/Explanation form made available by Western.

WMU cannot authorize employee travel on university business to some countries without special conditions. For a list of these countries go to : http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/alertswarnings.html

Travel Authorization


Quick Guide

Call AAA Travel
to book your international flight
(800) 854-5044


WMU Travel
Western Michigan University
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5203 USA
(269) 387-2154 | (269) 387-4299 Fax