The Office of Transfer Student Services is a student-centered office which empowers students in their successful transition to Western Michigan University by developing collaborative efforts to effectively enhance the academic success of the transfer student population.
- Act as an advocate for transfer students to resolve issues once usual procedures have been exhausted.
- Indentify institutional practices, policies and procedures that may negatively impact student success. Develop and implement workable solutions to meet the unique needs of the transfer student population.
- Create collaborative university networks that identify and connect the academic, administrative and necessary support services for the transfer student population.
- Represent WMU in the role of advocate in developing relationships with Michigan community colleges.
Serving Transfer Students
- The Office of Transfer Student Services provides information and direction for students seeking admission, including contact information and Web resources, as well as continuing support services for the transfer student population.
- The Office of Transfer Student Services works with other WMU offices such as First-Year Experience, Student Activities and Leadership Programs, Residence Life and the Office of Admissions to present events for students new to WMU.
- We oversee the Joint Program Plans between Western Michigan University and community colleges throughout Michigan and work to implement similar programs with other departments and community colleges.
- We work to identify and resolve institutional practices and policies that impact transfer students through ongoing relationships with the administration of Western Michigan University and its network of support.
Special Events and Activities
- Joint Program Plan Oversight
- Transfer Transition Program
- Transfer Express
- Brown Bag Lunch Series