Teaching, Learning and Educational Studies
Master of Arts in The Practice of Teaching
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- An overall grade point average of at least a 3.0 (on a 4-point scale) in the last two years of undergraduate work. If you have a GPA of less than 3.0 you may be granted a Conditional Admission. This will be converted to a regular admission if you receive a B or better in the first two graduate courses (six credit-hours) taken.
- Experience working in a professional setting.
- A valid Michigan Teaching Certificate will be required if you are seeking additional state endorsements
To apply, please submit:
- The Graduate
- A concise written "statement of purpose" (250 words or less) indicating your reason for seeking admission to the program and what the you hope to accomplish during the program of study.
- Program Emphasis and Location form, filled in and printed.
Drop off your statement and program emphasis form in 4121 Sangren Hall, or mail to:
Department of Teaching, Learning and Educational Studies
Western Michigan University
1903 West Michigan Ave.
Kalamazoo, MI, 49008-5226
Application assistance may be obtained by email or phone: Tammie Klinger in the Department of Teaching, Learning and Educational Studies at or (269) 387-3465.