Teaching, Learning and Educational Studies
B.S. Elementary Education (Early Childhood General and Special Education ZS Endorsement)
Changes to the Elementary Certificate Examination
Important information about the elimination of LS 3790
"The amount of time spent with classrooms and students throughout the program was so beneficial."
Early childhood education is available to elementary education students, special education with elementary majors and speech pathology majors, as well as music and art majors who choose the elementary education minor. Besides the certificate and the endorsement, WMU's early childhood program provides:
- An opportunity to belong to a community of students and faculty with common interests.
- Experience with children of all ages and special emphasis on children from birth to nine years.
- A portfolio of evidence of increasing skill level--a valuable tool in securing professional employment.
- Michigan K-8 Teacher/Administrator Certification
- Early Childhood (General and Special Education)
Students follow the same coursework as the B.S. Elementary Education (K-8).
Information for students wanting a non-teaching degree should visit the Child and Family Development or Family Studies website.