To facilitate the integration and infusion of sustainability across research and teaching, the Office for Sustainability has compiled the following selected digital resources list. If you come across a great digital resource in your research, please let us know so we can add it to the list.
Academic programs in sustainability
Examples of campus sustainability programs
- Arizona State University (Institute)
- Dalhousie University
- Harvard University
- Indiana University
- Portland State University Institute for Sustainable Solutions
- The University of Michigan (Institute)
Examples of academic sustainability initiatives
- American University
- Emory University
- Indiana University
- Michigan State University
- Northern Arizona University Ponderosa Project
- Ohio University
- Presidents' Climate Commitment
- Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education
- Campus Consortium for Environmental Excellence
- Campus Environmental Resources Center
- National Wildlife Federation Campus Ecology
- Second Nature
- University Leaders for a Sustainable Future
National campus sustainability ratings and rankings
- Sustainable Endowments Institute College Sustainability Report Card (suspended)
- Princeton Review Green Colleges
- Sierra Club America's Coolest Schools
- Sustainability Tracking Assessment and Rating System
How do we fund "sustainability" efforts?
External (academics and research):
- Michigan State University Environmental Science and Policy Program Funding Opportunity Compilation
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- National Science Foundation (list of projects, funding details, and deadlines)
- Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
The Office for Sustainability is reviewing research and funding opportunities in order to recommend or compile a research and funding strategy guide. Our goal is to provide information useful for sustainability efforts in the curriculum, research, operations, and outreach beyond the campus community.
Where can I get regular news updates?
Who writes about the campus / higher ed. sustainability movement?
Reference the StART Annotated Bibliography for books and journals or refer to materials provided during StART Initiative Luncheons. Visit the StART main page or contact the Office for Sustainability for more details.