A number of professional organizations involved with supply chain management are available for ISM student participation.
APICS, the Association for Operations Management, was originally formed in 1957 as the American Production and Inventory Control Society. The ISM program has an active student chapter with a platinum rating. The student chapter of APICS holds regular meetings that cover career preparation, presentations by business professionals, company visits and social activities.
ISM students can also join the Institute for Supply Management free of charge. The Institute for Supply Management, formerly known as the National Association of Purchasing Managers, was founded in 1915 and is the largest supply management association in the world. The institute’s mission is to lead the supply management profession through its standards of excellence, research, promotional activities and education programs.
The Institute for Supply Management Services Group was formed in 2000 to champion best practices and networking opportunities associated with supply management practitioners, who source services (such as temporary labor, consultants, building services, telecom and technology needs, etc.) or who work in one of the many services-related industries. Services is the fastest growing sector of not only the U.S. economy but also of the world economy as well.
- APICS Student Chapter
- APICS Parent Chapter
- APICS National Chapter
- Institute for Supply Management
- ISM Services Group
- Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals is a worldwide professional association of supply chain management professionals.
- DBM Association is a nonprofit educational forum dedicated to the global unification of universities and corporations for the purpose of studying and improving the science of distribution, logistics and supply chain management.
- Material Handling Industry of America is a non-profit association representing the suppliers of material handing and logistics solutions.
- The American Society of Transportation and Logistics
- Manufacturing.Net provides information and services for manufacturing professionals, industry-specific news and research, economic reports, editorial content from well-known trade publications, marketplaces for books, industry standards, and much more.