Students with catalog year 2011 and later must apply to the Integrated Supply Management program at Western Michigan University. Students are encouraged to begin the application process as soon as possible and to complete the application process in a timely manner. Students should be aware that the application process only runs during the fall and spring semesters, not during the summer. To be considered for the ISM program, students must be eligible for and complete an application to the Bachelor of Business Administration program or already be accepted into the Haworth College of Business.
- Meet with the ISM advisor to sign the application. Schedule this appointment at ismadvising.org.
- Have your resume reviewed by an ISM student mentor. Schedule an appointment for this at ismmentor.org. Bring a copy of your resume to this appointment.
- Create a BroncoJobs account and post your resume.
- Join the WMU ISM group on LinkedIn.
- Write a one-page, single spaced statement of purpose that includes the following:
- Your aptitude and motivation for pursuing the ISM degree.
- How your personal and professional experiences have shaped your interest and ability to be successful in this challenging program.
- Your career goals.
- How you intend to use the ISM program experience to accomplish your personal and professional objectives.
- Submit a final draft of your resume after the student mentor review and your statement of purpose to the student mentor desk at least 48 hours before your faculty interview.
- Schedule an interview with an ISM faculty member. Dr. Bret Wagner has a website you can schedule this with him at bretwagnerphd.com.
Tentative admission to the ISM program will be processed to allow students to register for ISM courses. Applications will be evaluated as soon as grades are available and acceptance will be determined by the criteria listed below.
- Overall GPA of 3.0.
- Acceptance into the B.B.A. program.
- Completed steps in a timely manner. For fall applications the deadline is Dec. 1 and for spring applications the deadline is April 15.
- Faculty, academic advisor and student mentor feedback.