Thank you for your interest in pursuing an exchange opportunity with Western Michigan University.
The University has active exchange agreements with 30 international partners and highly values the mutual benefit drawn through student mobility and faculty exchanges.
WMU exchange program staff
- Dr. Jane Blyth, executive director of the Haenicke Institute for Global Education, is the main contact for international exchange students applying to WMU. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- All incoming exchange application materials and routine questions should be addressed to WMU study abroad specialist Yumi Takahashi-Ede at firstname.lastname@example.org
Incoming exchange students must be nominated by their home institutions. Please work closely with the international office in your home institution to secure a nomination and to prepare your application materials, which will be submitted to our office through our secure online application system. Incoming exchange students must be nominated by their international office to be considered for exchange.
- Undergraduate students—Cumulative GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Graduate students—Cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Exceptions can only be made with prior approval of WMU Study Abroad.
- TOEFL score of 80 iBT (550 PBT) or higher to enroll in regular academic classes (does not apply to ESL applicants).
- TOEFL score of 61 iBT (500 PBT) to enroll in ESL course and regular academic classes concurrently.
Comprehensive application information for incoming students is outlined in the steps below.
- Application process
- English language requirements
- Course information and selection
- Exchange Tuition and Fees
- Health care and insurance
- WMU academic calendar
- International Student Handbook
- Things to bring
- Ordering your WMU transcript