Academic Room Usage
Policies and Procedures
Room requests within academic buildings must be initiated at least five (5) business days preceding the activity.
- Smoking is allowed only in designated areas. Use of alcohol and/or controlled substances are not allowed in academic rooms. Food and/or drinks are also not allowed in academic rooms.
- The individual requesting a classroom is required to have a copy of the form in hand the day of the event. Additionally, they will need a copy of this form when securing keys from appropriate building coordinators. Failure to do so may result in loss of access.
- Use of academic classrooms is free of charge to RSO's unless special services are requested. A charge will be assessed if excessive damage or misuse is reported following the use of a room.
- The university reserves the right to disband any function if it affects campus safety and security.
- All academic rooms are to be left in the same condition as found; with desks, chairs and tables in their original positions.
- It is understood that the individual making the request, jointly and severally, is responsible for the content at the location cited above, and that the individual making the request assumes responsibility and indemnify and hold harmless; Western Michigan University, it's Trustees, employees, and agents for any and all liability which may result from the activity/event cited above, including (by way of example and not by way of limitation) any judgment costs, attorney fees, discovery costs or other expenditures.
- For tables and chair request, contact Logistical Services at 387-8811, please note that these requests will need to be made within 5 days or more of the event date. Also a Fund and Cost Center number is required to use university tables and chairs.
If you have any questions about academic room reservations contact the Bernhard Center located in room 150 or call (269) 387-4860.