Please input the text displayed. This is done to ensure that you are not a computer!
Policies and Procedures
The person making the reservation is considered to be the responsible individual representing the sponsoring organization, department, or Registered Student Organization (RSO) and should adhere to all policies and procedures. In addition, the responsible individual who has requested the reservation is responsible for assuring members of the sponsoring organization, department, or RSO understand and agree to all facility use policies. The responsible individual is accountable for cancelling the reservation if necessary in a timely manner. If the reservation is not cancelled and no one from the sponsoring organization shows up for the event (a “no-show”) the following will occur:
- In the event of the first ”no-show” within an academic year the responsible individual will receive on behalf of the sponsoring organization, department, or RSO a verbal warning.
- In the event of the second ”no-show” within an academic year the responsible individual will receive on behalf of the sponsoring organization, department, or RSO an emailed warning letter.
- In the event of the third “no-show” within an academic year the sponsoring organization, department, or RSO will have their Bernhard Center reservations privileges suspended for the remainder of the semester and the following semester.
- Smoking is allowed only in designated areas. Use of alcohol and/or controlled substances are not allowed in academic rooms. Food and/or drinks are also not allowed in academic rooms.
- The individual requesting a classroom is required to have a copy of the form in hand the day of the event. Additionally, they will need a copy of this form when securing keys from appropriate building coordinators. Failure to do so may result in loss of access.
- Use of academic classrooms is free of charge to RSO's unless special services are requested. A charge will be assessed if excessive damage or misuse is reported following the use of a room.
- The university reserves the right to disband any function if it affects campus safety and security.
- All academic rooms are to be left in the same condition as found; with desks, chairs and tables in their original positions.
- It is understood that the individual making the request, jointly and severally, is responsible for the content at the location cited above, and that the individual making the request assumes responsibility and indemnify and hold harmless; Western Michigan University, it's Trustees, employees, and agents for any and all liability which may result from the activity/event cited above, including (by way of example and not by way of limitation) any judgment costs, attorney fees, discovery costs or other expenditures.
- For tables and chair request, contact Logistical Services at 387-8811, please note that these requests will need to be made within 5 days or more of the event date. Also a Fund and Cost Center number is required to use university tables and chairs.
For more information about room reservations contact the Bernhard Center located in room 150 or call (269) 387-4860.
Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5408
Phone (269) 387-4860