Active Hydrofit is a self-contained underwater drinking apparatus which filters and delivers clean water from any water basin to mouth in a direct application. Our proprietary technology filters and eliminates all water born viruses, bacteria, cysts and parasites without chemicals and or the power of UV light.
- Brandon O'Neill, industrial and entrepreneurial engineering, email@example.com
- Matthew Weller, industrial and entrepreneurial engineering, firstname.lastname@example.org
AQ Produce is a commercial aquaponics operation. We provide high quality, premium produce and fish at a competitive cost. We are a sustainable business that maintains practices that assure we hold true to our triple bottom-line principles. We want to serve our community, economy, and environment. We intend to harness the inherent economic advantages from renewables, and sustainable agro-practices. This allows us to pass this savings on to our customers and reduce our environmental impact. This creates value for our customers, community and environment making AQ produce a business of the future.
- Carlos Daniels, organizational communication, email@example.com
- Kyle Simpson, physics and electrical engineering, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ramon Roberts, civil engineering, email@example.com
DET Ball is a summer basketball program in the Detroit area exclusively for 13 to 18 year old males. This camp will focus on the development of the players and will target players who don't get to play as much organized basketball as they would like. No one will be excluded and there will be scholarships available. The games are meant to have a street ball type of feel/environment, but still operate as organized ball does. This endeavor is also a great way to bring an entertainment event to the city of Detroit as well as business and jobs. Not to mention, it'll put the hoop circuit in Detroit on the map for players and coaches. This is not a "one season" business. More seasons can be added, sports players, cities, etc.
- Andrew Merritt, entrepreneurship, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dupe Ink is a design and clothing company that was founded in November 2014 by five lifelong friends out of Kalamazoo, Mich. Our main focus is our niche market that consists mainly of college students. As the business grows, we plan to develop a brand name for ourselves and get in contact with major retailers.
- Brenton Groehn, sales and business marketing, email@example.com
- Andrew Kinney, business, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connor Pray, sales and business marketing, email@example.com
- Ryan Davis, communication, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marshal Hatley, business, email@example.com
Engineering Equipment Globally
We desire to improve health care options for underserved groups on a global scale through the development of safe, reliable, user friendly, low power, and inexpensive equipment. Currently, we are designing respiratory equipment to help premature babies breathe through a novel Bi-PAP (Bi-level Positive Airway Pressure) system.
- Stephen John, biomedical sciences and mechanical engineering, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joseph Barnett, biomedical sciences, email@example.com
For the Funds of It
For the Funds of It makes it easy to organize fundraising events. It is a one-stop shop for any individual or group that wants or needs to host an event for the sole purpose of raising money. It is an online template and program that any individual or organization can use to create awareness for an event. The purpose is to allow users to create a fundraiser in a more efficient and marketable way so that they can gain more attendees, funds, and publicity for a cause.
- Josie Marshall, business management, firstname.lastname@example.org
Golden Egg Studios
GoldenEgg Studios brings true multiplayer gaming to smartphones and tablets. Gameplay on touch screen devices must be unique and integrated to the device in a way that feels natural. We believe in a “learn as you go” evolving gameplay that allows the gamer the satisfaction of learning and discovering how to play without a tutorial. Along with a unique gameplay, vibrant 3D graphics and animations, our games allow players to compete against other players from around the world and challenge their friends.
- Dallas Chase, mechanical engineering, email@example.com
Mow for Less
Mow for Less is a lawn care service business that uses multiple autonomous electric lawn mowers. A laborer is on site trimming, while monitoring the job. Clients will value this lower cost solution to lawn care as well as the quiet mowing service.
- Tyler Lemke, Psychology and management, firstname.lastname@example.org@wmich.edu
Western Client is a business communications platform for smartphones devoted to organizing con tats and messages. Western Client will locate and synchronize duplicate con tats as well as find possible matches within social media groups. Once contacts are synched, the platform will allow for efficient communication with each contact. All of the messages from that contact will show up in one message feed. This feed will have reply functionality with options to select any method of communication.
- Austin Scott, management, email@example.com
- Connor Makowski, management, firstname.lastname@example.org
MyKalamazooMusic helps people around the Kalamazoo area discover, prepare and re-live their live music experience in one convenient place online or on their mobile device. From specific songs and artists to a trip cost estimator and other entertainment all in one place, MyKalamazooMusic has every output of information a concert and festival goer needs to know.
- Alexander Batch, sales and business marketing, email@example.com
Westside Skating Rink
Westside Skating Rink is a universal establishment that will encompass a boisterous atmosphere, fellowship, service, entertainment, and the opportunity to further the growth and prosperity of the Kalamazoo community. This local skating rink will, among other advantages, provide Kalamazoo with positive, clean and fun atmosphere for all generations to enjoy and will also be a great source of exercise. This establishment will include patrons of all ages and serve as a space that will provide family bonding.
- David Hamilton, nursing, firstname.lastname@example.org