Santander Program Application
Students applying for the Western Michigan University program at the
Universidad de Cantabria must:
- Be at least 18 years old at time of
- Have sophomore standing (26 completed credit hour. minimum) by end of spring semester
- Have completed SPAN 3160 prior to the beginning of
the program (students who have taken SPAN
3170 but not SPAN 3160 may apply as exception).
- Have a 3.0 (B) grade point average in Spanish courses (at least one Spanish course must have
been completed at WMU)
- Have good overall academic standing
- Speak only Spanish while
they are in Spain, both in class and out (preference for admission will be given to
students with strong academic records and high levels
of Spanish language competence)
the Santander program description and application
- The application consists of:
- All written forms should be submitted directly to the corresponding program director.
- The fall application phase begins in mid-September. A second application phase will take place during the following spring semester if all positions are not
filled during the fall phase. Early
application is encouraged and appreciated.
- A student accepted for admission will be
requested to complete additional necessary information, including a
permission/release form and a health/physician's form. A program
deposit of $500 may be charged to the student's
account soon after acceptance. Students will receive
instructions for payment of the program balance.
- Students will be required to attend orientation
meetings conducted on campus by the WMU faculty
- Passport: Students who receive
acceptance into the program should apply immediately
for a passport if they do not already have one.
Students who already have a passport should verify
that it is valid at least six months beyond the final
date of this program. No visa is required for summer
II study in Santander.