Departmental Travel Study Abroad Award
Intended for Spanish majors or minors in the Department of Spanish at Western Michigan University,
the purpose of these awards is to encourage students to
further develop their Spanish language skills and to
broaden their understanding of other cultures and
peoples. These awards may be used for travel/study
abroad during any part of the academic year or summer.
- Declared major or minor in the Department of Spanish.
- Applicant must have completed a minimum of two courses in the Spanish major/minor by the end of the semester of application. At least one course must be 3000-level or higher.
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.25, plus a GPA of 3.5 in the Spanish major or minor.
- No student may receive a Travel/Study Abroad Award more than once. Recipients of this award are not eligible for the President’s Award or Scholarship, nor are the recipients of the President’s Award/Scholarships eligible for a Travel/Study Abroad Award.
- Preference will be given to those who enroll in WMU sponsored programs (Buenos Aires, Burgos, Quito and Santander).
- Pick up a scholarship application in 410 Sprau Tower.
- The completed application, including a copy of the Spanish major slip and a current transcript (unofficial copy accepted), should be submitted to the
department office, 410 Sprau Tower, by the deadline.