Public Affairs and Administration
- Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration (NASPAA)
NASPAA promotes the ideal of public service and excellence in public service training and education.
- American Society for Public Administration (ASPA)
ASPA is an advocate for greater effectiveness in government, advances the art and science of public administration, provides networking and professional development opportunities, and promotes the value of public service employment.
- Michigan Capital Area Chapter of the American Society for Public Administration
Capital area chapter of ASPA.
- Section for Woman in Public Administration (SWPA), A Section of ASPA
SWPA's goals include increasing networking opportunities, providing information through the newsletter Bridging the Gap, and highlighting women's contributions to public service through awards, endorsements of ASPA conference panels and workshops, and advocating for women's interests in ASPA.
Budget and Finance
- Association for Budget and Financial Management (ABFM), A Section of ASPA.
ABFM promotes the professional development of financial management personnel and the analysis of financial management practices and processes.
- Association for Governmental Accountants (AGA)
AGA is dedicated to enhancing public financial management through its educational and certification programs, participating in the development of accounting and auditing standards, and conducting research and analysis of government financial management.
- National Association of State Budget Officers (NASBO)
NASBO is the professional organization for all state budget officers. Its major functions of research, policy development, education, training, and technical assistance are achieved through its publications, membership meetings, and training sessions. NASBO is a self-governing affiliate of the National Governors' Association.
- Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA)
GFOA promotes the sound management of government financial resources through the development and dissemination of recommended practices, training and certification programs, and publications.
- National Institute of Government Purchasing (NIGP)
NIGP promotes excellence and enhancing effectiveness through its training and certification programs, research, technical assistance, and networking opportunities.
- American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE)
ACHE offers credentialing and educational programs, is one of the largest publishers of health services management texts and journals, and is known for its career development and public policy programs.
- Section on Health and Human Services Administration (SHHSA), A Section of ASPA.
SHHSA fosters the exchange of knowledge, information, and technology among health and human services educators, managers, and professionals.
- International City/County Management Association (ICMA)
ICMA provides information, best practices, guidance, and research on issues confronting local managers and administrators. It also maintains a job center for members.
- The American Planning Association (APA)
The mission of the APA and its professional institute, the American Institute of Certified Planners, is to advance the field of planning and to foster planning--physical, economic, and social--at the local, regional, state, and national levels.
- The Michigan Municipal League (MML)
MML is a nonpartisan organization that provides technical assistance, information, training, and education for local officials. It also endeavors to enhance the public's understanding of municipal responsibilities, governance, and administration.
- The Michigan Association of Counties (MAC)
The Michigan Association of Counties is a non-partisan, non-profit alliance of county commissioners that promotes education, communication and cooperation in order to improve Michigan local government.
- The Michigan Association of Regions (MAR)
MAR serves local governments and citizens by addressing issues and needs that transcend governmental boundaries, providing technical assistance and services that expand local capabilities, and administer programs that can be delivered more economically and efficiently at the regional level.
- The Citizens Research Council of Michigan (CRC)
CRC is a privately funded, not-for-profit public affairs research organization that generates research reports issues confront state and local governments.
- Michigan Townships Association (MTA)
MTA is the legislative and public advocate for Michigan's townships. It also provides education and information for elected and appointed township officials.
- American Association of State Highway & Transportation Officials (AASHTO)
AASHTO is a nonpartisan association representing highway and transportation departments. Its primary goal is to foster the development, operation, and maintenance of an integrated national transportation system.