Graduate Program Goals
- To provide a professional education that prepares advanced practitioners to enhance, advocate, and support social and economic justice and personal well being for all people.
- To prepare advanced practitioners who demonstrate the knowledge and skillsnecessary to work effectively with diverse, vulnerable, and underserved populations.
- To prepare advanced practitioners who possess critical thinking skills, embrace social work values, and have the requisite skills needed to formulate and realize a vision of a just society.
- To prepare ethical, reflective, and competent advanced practitioners in Interpersonal Practice to work with individuals, families, and groups; and in Policy, Planning,and Administration to work with organizations, communities, and institutions within a global and changing environment.
- To prepare advanced practitioners who effectively intervene with individuals,families, groups, organizations, communities, and institutions by utilizing evidencebased knowledge and theories and guided by personcentered ecological models.
- To prepare advanced practitioners who possess the knowledge and skills necessary to consume and produce social work knowledge and the ability to actively participate in the evaluation of professional practice.
- To prepare advanced practitioners who are grounded in a biopsychosocialspiritual framework, understand the historical roots of the social work profession, and can analyze, develop, and utilize social policy.