- Provides an opportunity for Western Michigan University students to identify and dissect biases and stereotypes, empowering them to build a new framework for understanding.
- Contributes to a culture of innovation, unconventional thinking and problem solving.
- Enhances work-force development and students’ employability through applied learning and real-life experience.
- Encourages civic engagement and social responsibility, and decreases effects of current cultural and political apathy.
- Offers opportunities for students to learn and practice leadership skills.
- Assists in the development of critical thinking skills.