Green to Gold
2 Year GRFD
If you are selected for a U.S. Army ROTC scholarship, you are required to:
If you are commissioned a regular Army officer and your commission is terminated before you complete your military obligation, you may be required to complete your military obligation in the U.S. Army Reserve or Army National Guard.
- Sign a contract with the Secretary of the Army. If you are 17 years of age when you enroll, your parents or guardian must also sign this contract. If you are 18 or older, only your signature is required.
- Pursue the academic discipline identified in the letter that notifies you of your selection as a scholarship recipient.
- Attend physical fitness training three times a week on M, W, and F from 6:30 to 7:30AM.
- Attend the ROTC National Advance Leadership Camp typically held between your junior and senior years of college.
- Accept a commission as either a regular Army, Army Reserve, or Army National Guard officer upon completion of the required academic and ROTC courses.
- Serve in the military for a period of eight years. This may be fulfilled by:
- 2,3, and 4 Year Scholarship - Serve on active duty for a period of four years followed by service in the Army National Guard (ARNG) or the United States Army Reserve (USAR) or in the Inactive Ready Reserve (IRR) for the remainder of the eight-year obligation.
- 2 Year GRFD Scholarship - Serve a period of eight years for one weekend a month and two weeks throughout the year in an ARNG or USAR Troop Program Unit which includes a three- to six-month active duty period for Officer Basic Course training.