The purpose of the Faculty Research and Creative Activities Award is to encourage and support faculty in significant research, rigorous scientific inquiry, original artistic activity and inventive technology. The award is also intended to increase external funding to Western Michigan University in support of faculty scholarship. The FRACAA is a competitive award, with review of applications conducted by the FRACAA Research Screening Committee. Awards are made for up to $10,000 and require submission of an external funding proposal within 18 months of the end of the project period.
The application deadline for 2017-18 award cycle is January 20, 2017, 5:00 p.m. Applications this year will be submitted online. Complete and submit your FRACAA application online at - https://wmich.infoready4.com - you can login using your BroncoNet ID and password.
Please note this is a new online application system. If you experience problems when completing the application contact John Risley 387-8204
Guidelines and application materials
These documents are revised annually, and other submission documents are available at the following links:
Examples of previously funded proposals
- Using GIS and Remote Sensing in the Search for Fossil Mammals
- Ghosts of Evolution Past: Using an Extinct Ancestral Enzyme to Understand Modern-day Activities
- Neurotrophic Factor Expression in Mouse Skeletal Muscle
- Using Emerging Technologies to Improve the Teaching of Pre-service Special Education Students
- Linked to Last: Networked Architecture in Ninth-Century Java
- So Far From God