External Funding for Faculty Scholarship
We recommend that the investigator do a preliminary search using these databases even if you would like additional help with your search to identify key words.
For help with your search please complete the funding search form
- Pivot - A Quality Search Engine providing online, searchable funding information related to research, collaborative activities, travel, curriculum development, conferences, fellowships, post-doctoral positions, equipment acquisition, and operating or capital expenses. Contains an Expertise Database for researchers from leading universities and R&D organizations. Access is limited to subscribing institutions.
- Grants.gov - A source for federal grants
Other Online Search Databases
- American Association for the Advancement of Science - Science's Next Wave helps scientists, students, and faculty locate funding sources.
- Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance - Lists programs supported through agencies of the federal government. To review a paper version, please contact Research and Sponsored Programs or Waldo Library.
- Federal Acquisition Jumpstation - Federal procurement contracting information
- Federal Register
- The Foundation Center Online - Database of private foundations, corporate grant makers, and grant-making public charities on the internet.
- GrantsNet - Provides one-stop shopping for young biomedical scientists seeking information on fellowships and other funding support.
- National Council of University Research Administrators - Information on workshops, links to funding agencies, proposal preparation resources, and pre- and post-award resources.
- National Research Council - Lists predoctoral, dissertation, and post-doctoral fellowship programs.
- Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE) - Lists programs available for faculty and undergraduate, graduate, and post-graduate students.
- Research ReseachLite - Formerly "ScienceWise", this site provides news and funding opportunities to the research community
- U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Science Education - Lists Energy Research Undergraduate Laboratory Fellowships in biology, chemistry, computer science, environmental science, engineering, geology, material science, mathematics, physics, science policy, and related disciplines.
- U.S. Superintendent of Documents - GPO Access - Provides users with electronic versions of several U.S. government publications including the Code of Federal Regulations, Commerce Business Daily (CBDNet), the Federal Register and the Congressional Record.