Your transcript is the official, permanent record of all the courses you have attended at Western Michigan University. Classes you have attended at other institutions do not show on your WMU transcript.
Western Michigan University has authorized Parchment Exchange to manage the ordering, processing, and secure delivery of student transcripts.
Parchment Exchange offers:
- Secure, on-line access to request your transcript 24/7.
- Email notification when transcripts are processed and received.
- On-line tracking ability.
- The option to request electronic delivery of your transcript.
- As part of the Midwestern Higher Education Compact, transcripts can be sent electronically to participating high schools, colleges and universities.
Requesting a transcript
WMU transcript requests can be made through the Parchment Exchange website. A one-time account registration is required. To ensure proper student matching, you will be asked for your:
- Enrollment status (currently or not currently enrolled).
- Birth date and last four digits of your SSN.
- Student ID number. If unknown, please enter the last 4 digits of your SSN.
- E-mail address.
If you are not sure of the exact attendance dates, please indicate approximate dates.
Once you have completed the registration set up, you will receive an e-mail from Parchment Exchange asking you to confirm your e-mail address. Once you do that, you are ready to begin requesting transcripts through the Parchment Exchange website.
All transcripts sent through Parchment Exchange are official.
Please note: a hold on your WMU account will not prevent you from requesting a transcript through Parchment Exchange and you will be assessed the transcript fees. However, WMU will not be able to release your transcript until the hold is resolved.
Who should not use Parchment Exchange?
- Students who attended prior to 1983.
- Students who attended the Bronson Hospital School of Nursing diploma program (prior to 1998).
- If you have a matching form: (CASPA, AADSA, LSAC, or Michigan Department of Community Health, etc.).
Instead, please complete the Transcript Request Form that can be faxed, mailed or personally delivered to the Registrar's Office. Include the matching form if required for processing.
The transcript cost is based on the method of delivery and destination. During the ordering process you will be able to see the exact charge prior to entering your credit card information. The fees are as follows:
- $5.00 – electronic delivery to select schools and destinations in one of the participating MHEC states which includes Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.
- $7.55 – electronic delivery to a school not participating in the MHEC, to yourself or to a third party.
- $9.25 – paper delivery to any destination. Transcript will be printed on security paper and sent through USPS.
- $25.75 – additional fee for overnight US delivery. Priority shipping to Canada/Mexico and international is available for an additional fee. Actual cost will display at the time of checkout.
Transcripts must be paid by credit card at the time of the order. Parchment Exchange accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
For questions or to report a problem with your order, please contact Parchment Exchange support.
As an alternative method of ordering paper transcripts, complete this form that can be faxed, mailed or personally delivered to the Registrar's Office with your payment. Electronic transcripts are not available using this method. Please allow 3-5 days for processing.