December 10, 2012
Over 1,200 students will be attending commencement this Saturday in Miller Auditorium. The schedule is as follows:
College of Education and Human Development
College of Engineering and Applied Sciences
College of Aviation
Haworth College of Business
College of Health and Human Services
College of Fine Arts
College of Arts and Sciences
Extended University Programs
Graduates are able to pick up their four guest tickets at Textbook Alley on the lower level of the Bernhard Center during regular business hours through Saturday, Dec. 15. If available, two additional tickets will be handed out beginning at 8 a.m. Friday, Dec. 14, at the Miller Auditorium ticket office.
The commencement ceremonies will be broadcast live on EduCABLE channel 5 and throughout the Kalamazoo viewing area by Charter Communications on Public Media Network’s channel 99
Fall semester grades are due next Tuesday, December 18 at noon. Grades will be available to students as soon as we complete processing, which we anticipate will be sometime in the late afternoon or early evening on December 18.
A few grading reminders—
- When submitting final grades of “E” or “X” instructors will be required to enter the last date the student attended class or the last date of recorded academic activity. Instructors will be prompted to enter a valid date that is between the start and end date of the semester. In cases where the student does not come to even one class session or does not complete any work, the first day of the semester should be used.
- The grade of "X" should be used when a student either never attended or stopped attending the class and is not eligible for an incomplete. The "X" grade is counted into the student's gpa the same as an "E" grade.
- An incomplete is a temporary grade, given for reasons beyond the control of the student and should not to be given as a substitute for a failing grade.
- A Report of Incomplete Grade, located on the faculty menu in GoWMU, needs to be submitted when an incomplete grade is assigned. The Report of Incomplete Grade lists the work the student needs to complete in the course as well as the deadline for completion.
The Degree Works system is being upgraded and will be unavailable for the next two weeks. The system will be back up for departments to continue validating when we return from closure. As a reminder, the deadline to have all undergraduate programs tested and signed off is March 1.
- Saturday, December 15--Commencement
- Tuesday, Dec. 18—Final grades due at noon
- Friday, January 4 to Wednesday, January 9—Spring 2013 One Stop
- Monday, January 7—Spring classes begin
- Friday, January 11—Last day to drop/add classes
- Monday, January 14--Census
- Tuesday, January 15--$100 late add fee begins
- Thursday, January 17—Last day for 90% tuition refund for a complete withdraw
- Friday, January 18-- Last day for 50% tuition refund for a partial withdraw
- Monday, February 4-- Last day for 50% tuition refund for a complete withdraw
- Monday, February 11 – First work grade due
- Friday, March 1-- Last day for 25% tuition refund for a complete withdraw
- Friday, March 1—Spirit day
- Monday, March 4—Spring break begins
- Sunday, March 10 – Midterm grading closes, end of day
- Monday, March 11—Classes resume
- Monday, March 18—Last day to withdraw from Spring courses
- April 22-26—Final Exam week
- Saturday, April 27—Commencement
- Tuesday, April 30--Spring grades due at noon