September 7, 2010
Welcome to the start of fall 2010! We are anticipating an overall increase in enrollment from last fall’s numbers. Note that census is taken at the end of the day Tuesday, Sept. 14. Please do all that you can to assist students, undergraduate and graduate, to complete their registration before the end of the day Tuesday.
Reminders – retention initiatives
- First work grades – now through Oct. 4
- Mid term grades – through Oct. 31
- Attendance – report students not attending through link in GoWMU
- Please continue to provide textbook information for those fall courses still missing this information.
- Note that all spring 2011 textbook information must be available when the spring schedule is opened for viewing on October 4. This means instructors and departments need to provide this information, using the bookstore online request form, no later than September 27, 2010.
- Looking forward, deadlines for textbook selection for future semesters are now available on the Faculty/Staff menu on the Registrar’s page, or see the direct link: http://www.wmich.edu/registrar/pdf/textbook%20dates%20F2010S2013.pdf
Prior to census – Sept. 14
- Ensure that each section has the correct instructor of record listed.
- Cancel or make active all sections on hold.
Update on waitlisting
Waitlists will be cleared on the 13th.
- Tuesday, Sept 7 – Classes begin at 8:00 am
- Monday, Sept 13 – Last day of drop/adds
- Tuesday, Sept. 14 – Department clean-up day
- Tuesday, Sept 14 – Census
- Wednesday, Sept. 15 – Late add fee of $100 for course(s) added if none on the schedule
- Thursday, Sept. 16 – Last day for 90% tuition refund for complete withdrawal
- Monday, Sept. 20 – Last day for 50% tuition refund for partial withdrawal
- Friday, Oct. 1 – Last day for 50% refund for complete withdrawal
- Monday, Oct 4 – First work grades to be submitted
- Mon.-Wed., Oct. 18-20 – HLC visit
- Wednesday, Oct. 27 – Last day for 25% refund for Fall complete withdrawal
- Sunday, Oct 31 – Midterm grades due
- Monday, Nov 8 – Last day for students to withdraw from fall