August 9, 2010
New Alert phone number registration
Registration for WMU alert, part of the Reverse 911 system now implemented by the university, was launched this week. The system will generate 1000’s of calls, to stored alert numbers, in the event of an emergency on campus. Students, faculty and staff can enter their contact number through GoWMU.
New info for Chairs
The Registrar’s website now includes links to an updated Chairs’ handbook, dates for the fall semester, and a list of cognos reports useful to chairs. The list of cognos reports is sorted by use and content of the report, a brief description is included as is the location and name of the report.
See http://www.wmich.edu/registrar/faculty-staff/chairs for the links on the left hand menu.
Looking toward fall
- Fall start-up information for instructors:
- Fall 2010 final exam schedule:
- Important dates, including scheduling information:
Upcoming dates – summer II
- Friday, August 20 – Summer II session ends
- Tuesday, August 24 – Summer II grades due at noon
Upcoming dates – fall 2010
- Monday, Sept 6 – Labor Day recess
- Tuesday, Sept 7 – Classes begin at 8:00 am
- Monday, Sept 13 – Last day of drop/adds
- Tuesday, Sept 14 – Census
- Wednesday, Sept. 15 – Late add fee of $100 for course(s) added if none on the schedule
- Thursday, Sept. 16 – Last day for 90% tuition refund for complete withdrawal
- Monday, Sept. 20 – Last day for 50% tuition refund for partial withdrawal
- Friday, Oct. 1 – Last day for 50% refund for complete withdrawal
- Monday, Oct 4 – First work grades to be submitted
- Wednesday, Oct. 27 – Last day for 25% refund for Fall complete withdrawal
- Sunday, Oct 31 – Midterm grades due
- Monday, Nov 8 – Last day for students to withdraw from fall
- Wednesday, Nov 24 – Thanksgiving recess begins at noon
- Wednesday, Dec. 1 – Last day to apply for April 2011 commencement
- Monday, Dec. 13 – Friday, Dec. 17 – Final exam week
- Saturday, Dec. 18 – Commencement
- Tuesday, Dec. 21 – Grades due at noon
As we move closer to the start of the fall semester, please let me know if there is anything my office can do to assist you or your department!