May 17, 2010
Summer I census
Census for this summer I session will be taken tonight, so please:
- Ensure that all summer I sections have the correct instructor of record
- Ensure that all courses on hold are either cancelled or made active
- Ensure that any students needing summer I registration are registered
Waitlisting – Summer I
Today there will be no students on waitlists, even for those sections with waitlists enabled, so, departments can add students as appropriate to summer I courses.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Grading and grade changes
A few reminders:
- If an instructor wants to change a grade that has been submitted for a student, the instructor will need to complete the grade change form found on the faculty menu in GoWMU, print the form, sign it, have the chair sign, then send to this office.
- When a grade change is made, the student gets an automatic email from this office letting them know there has been a grade change on their record and they should look at their unofficial transcript in GoWMU to see the change.
- When an instructor wants to replace an ‘I’ with the grade earned, the instructor needs to complete the remove incomplete form also found on the faculty menu in GoWMU. This process is entirely online, no chair signature is necessary.
This summer orientation for incoming freshmen will begin on Monday, June 7. For the complete schedule, and more information on Orientation activities, please see: http://www.wmich.edu/fye/orientation.
Ground breaking for the Sangren project is scheduled for June 1. More information on this project can be found on http://www.fm.wmich.edu/planning/newsangrenhall.html .
- Monday, May 17 – last day departments have access to change student schedules
- Monday, May 17 – census for summer I
- Tuesday, May 18 – late add fee begins
- Friday, May 21 – last day for 50% refund for complete withdrawal
- Monday, May 31 – Memorial Day recess – no classes
- Friday, June 4 – last day for 25% refund for complete withdrawal
- Monday, June 7 – last day to withdraw
- Saturday, June 26 – Commencement
- Wednesday, June 30 – Summer I ends
- Tuesday, July 6 – Summer I grades due at noon