August 11, 2008
Summer II 2008
This Friday, August 15, is the last day of classes for Summer II. Grades for this session are due by noon on Tuesday, August 19. As always, we will close the grading system shortly after noon to process grades and roll them to academic history. When this process is completed, probably by 5:00 or 6:00 pm, we will reopen the system. At this time students will be able to view their Summer II grades online.
Looking toward Fall
- Please begin ensuring that all sections have an instructor of record assigned. Also, cancel those classes on hold that are not going to run. This will help us to free the room assigned for other needs.
- Also, please review room assignments, if there are issues, please let us know now. It’s easier to make changes now rather than later if changes are necessary. Please do be aware that the room situation for fall is extremely tight. If you need to open sections, check with this office first regarding days and times to ensure that a room is available.
- Fall Welcome Week begins Monday, August 25th. See www.wmich.edu/fye/fallwelcome for more information including the schedule of events for the week.
- The One-Stop Convenience Center will open on August 25th in the Bernhard Center. See www.wmich.edu/registrar/onestop for more information.
New SIS (Banner) Access Request form
The SIS (Banner) Access Request form has been modified. The new version is now on the web at www.wmich.edu/registrar/staffservices.html. Please use this new form for all future requests for Banner access.
If you have saved the previous form, either hard copy or electronically, please delete/destroy it and replace it with the new form, which asks for the WIN number.
- August 15 - Summer II session ends
- August 19 - Summer II grades due at noon
- August 25 - One-Stop opens in the Bernhard Center
- August 25 -29 - Fall Welcome Week
- September 2 - Fall 2008 classes begin at 8:00 am
- September 8 - Last day of drop/adds
- September 9 - Last day academic departments have access to Banner to make adjustments to student schedules
- September 9 – Census
- September 10 – Late add fee begins