June 2, 2008
Today the first of 14 groups of new freshmen will be on campus for Orientation. These new beginners and their parents will be on campus for the two-day Orientation program including advising and registration for fall courses. See the complete schedule on: www.wmich.edu/fye/orientation.
Academically Talented Youth Program (ATYP)
The ATYP program provides classes for advanced middle school students and is administered by the Lee Honors College on campus. As of this fall, classes scheduled for ATYP students will be in Banner and ATYP students will be registered through Banner for their courses. Please note that these courses will have a specific and different level designation, and that these are not courses for which WMU awards college credit.
- Today, June 2, is the last day students can withdraw from Summer I courses. Students wishing to withdraw can do so through GoWMU through 11:59 pm this evening.
- Grading for the Spring 2008 semester is now closed. Any instructor wishing to remove an incomplete grade can do so using the link to ‘Remove Incomplete Grade/Change Grade’ found in the ‘My Work’ channel in GoWMU.
- Two new features have been added to the authorized user access module. Students now have the ability to give their parents or other authorized user access to view their concise schedule view and/or to run a progress to degree analysis.
Use of SSN’s
A note of reminder that social security numbers can not be used as identification for students on scantrons or other classroom materials; the WIN can be used for identification on a testing scantron sheet. WMU’s policy on use of SSN’s can be found on: www.wmich.edu/hr/PPM/20SSN.htm.
- June 2 – last day to withdraw from Summer I courses
- June 9 - Spring 2009 master schedule due on Student Information System by departments. Galley corrections due a Registrar's Office
- June 25 – Summer I classes end
- June 28 - Commencement (see: www.wmich.edu/commencement)
- July1 – Summer I grades due at noon