May 5, 2008
Welcome to the first day of Summer I, 2008 classes! Today we also celebrate the opening of the renovated Brown Hall, as classes once again meet in this building. Brown is now home to 20 classrooms and 3 lecture halls. Take a walk through as you have time, to look at the changes!
- Please ensure that all Summer I sections have the correct instructor of record assigned by the end of the day Monday, May 12th.
- Please strongly encourage instructors in your departments to take attendance the first week of classes. We need to ensure that all students attending our courses are appropriately registered for those classes.
- Instructors should report students on their class lists who are not attending by sending a message to: REG-Student-Attend@wmich.edu.
Change your passwords often, and use strong passwords which include the use of numbers and a mix of lower and upper case characters. Security on both our personal accounts and our WMU accounts is increasingly important.
Dismissal letters went out last Wednesday to those 581 students (560 undergraduates and 21 graduate students) who were academically dismissed at the end of Spring 2008. The letters refer the undergraduate students to their academic advising office for further information and assistance.
- If you’re cleaning out your office this summer, remember to shred any documents which contain student information, especially graded student work.
- Materials to be returned to students cannot be left in a public place for pick up.
- Class lists are not directory information and cannot be given out.
- May 5 – Summer I classes begin at 8:00 am
- May 9 – Last day for drop/adds for Summer I
- May 12 – Department clean-up day, last day departments have access to change student schedules.
- May 12 - census
- May 16 - Last day to receive 50% tuition refund for a complete withdrawal from all Summer I courses.
- May 26 – Memorial Day recess – no classes
- May 30 - Last day to receive 25% tuition refund for a complete withdrawal from all Summer I courses.
- June 2 – last day to withdraw from Summer I courses
- June 9 - Spring 2009 master schedule due on Student Information System by departments. Galley corrections due a Registrar's Office
- June 25 – Summer I classes end
- June 28 - Commencement
- July1 – Summer I grades due at noon