April 28, 2008
Grades are due no later than noon this Tuesday, April 29th. All spring grades must be submitted online through GoWMU. Instructors who submit an incomplete should also complete the incomplete report form, found on the faculty menu in GoWMU. This report requires that instructors list the work a student needs to complete in the course as well as the deadline for completion. When the instructor completes the form and hits ‘submit,’ copies are emailed to
the instructor, the Registrar’s Office, and the student.
At noon on Tuesday, we will close the grading system to allow us to process spring grades, update students’ academic history, gpa’s, academic standing, etc. Faculty will not be able to submit grades during this time. We expect to re-open the system by 5:00 pm. At this time, students will be able to view their grades through GoWMU.
- Grades cannot be posted by all or any part of the SSN or the WIN.
- Graded work cannot be left in a public place for students to pick up.
- Grades or other academic, non-directory information cannot be given over the phone.
Questions? Call the Registrar’s Office, 387-4310.
Students, wanting to add a major, after having received a degree:
If a student, who already has a degree, wishes to return for an additional major the following steps need to be taken:
- The student must apply to Admissions for undergraduate non-degree status. Note: Admissions is adding this as a possibility on the online web application form.
- The student must then see the major advisor for the additional major (or minor).
- If acceptable to the department, the advisor will notify the Registrar's Office (Michele McLaughlin) who will add the necessary codes to the student's record.
- Once the major is completed, the student must submit a major slip and a graduation application (the fee is waived) to the Registrar's Office.
- Once the audit of the additional major is completed, that major will be added to the student's degree record and it will be reflected on the student's transcript.
- April 29 – Grades due at noon
- May 5 – Summer I classes begin at 8:00 am
- May 9 – Last day for drop/adds for Summer I
- May 12 – Department clean-up day, last day departments have access to change student schedules.
- May 16 - Last day to receive 50% tuition refund for a complete withdrawal from all Summer I courses.
- May 26 – Memorial Day recess – no classes
- May 30 - Last day to receive 25% tuition refund for a complete withdrawal from all Summer I courses.
- June 2 – last day to withdraw from Summer I courses
- June 9 - Spring 2009 master schedule due on Student Information System by departments. Galley corrections due a Registrar's Office
- June 25 – Summer I classes end
- June 28 - Commencement
- July1 – Summer I grades due at noon
Please ensure that all Summer I sections have an instructor of record assigned in Banner.
Commencement – April 2008
Over 2,000 students walked across the stage at Miller Auditorium this past Saturday in celebration! We have about 2,700 new WMU alumni! Thanks to all of you who were part of the ceremony on Saturday, our students very much appreciated your presence.