February 11, 2008
Midterm grading will open next Monday, February 18th. The link to the midterm grading worksheet is now on the faculty menu in GoWMU; the worksheet will be available at 8:00 am on the 18th. Please note:
- As soon as an instructor enters midterm grades and hits the ‘submit’ button, those grades will be available to students. Students will access these grades through the portal and will be able to view them beyond March 9th.
- Midterm grades are not part of a student’s academic history at WMU. They will not appear on any WMU transcript, nor will they be part of a students gpa at WMU.
- Instructors should use the ‘X’ grade for students who have never attended, or have stopped attending a course.
- Those instructors choosing to submit midterm grades should let their students know when they submit the midterms, so that students will know to look for them.
- Instructors can also let students know that aside from the instructor who submits the grades, academic advisors will also see these midterm grades.
- If an instructor makes an error in submitting a grade, that grade can be changed online through March 9th. No other paperwork is necessary.
Questions on midterm grading should be directed to the Registrar’s Office, 387-4310.
FERPA question of the week:
True or False? A student’s class schedule is considered directory information and therefore can be released without the student’s permission.
- Feb. 18, 2008, Monday- Summer I/II registration opens
- Feb. 18 –March 9 – Midterm grading open
- Feb. 29, 2008 – Spirit Day, no classes
- March 3, 2008 – Spring Break Begins
- March 10, 2008 – Classes resume
- March 17, 2008 – Last day for students to withdraw from Spring 2008 courses
- March 17, 2008 – Registration for Fall 2008 opens
- April 21 – 25 – Final exam week
- April 26 – Commencement
- April 29 – Grades due at noon.
False. Student class schedules are NOT directory information, and so cannot be released to a third party without written permission of the student. This includes parents, other students, etc.
Students eligible to graduate this April are now able to RSVP for the ceremony, the link to the RSVP form is on the student menu in GoWMU. The schedule for the four April ceremonies, as well as more information, can be found on: http://www.wmich.edu/commencement.