January 7, 2008
Welcome to a new year and a new semester!
Things to remember the first week of the semester:
- Students can drop/add courses online through Friday, January 11th.
- Departments can make adjustments to student schedules through Monday, January 14th.
- Students can make changes in grade mode for particular courses, that is they can change from credit/no credit to a letter grade or vice versa during the drop/add period. After Friday, January 11th, these changes can no longer be made.
- Students who wish to drop/add courses after the drop/add period will receive refunds according to the refund schedule:
Complete withdrawal from all WMU courses:
- 90% refund through January 17, 2008
- 50% refund through February 4, 2008
- 25% refund through February 29, 2008
- 50% refund through January 18
- Students who wish to switch sections of a course are subject to the refund policies as listed above. Please ensure that if and when you give students department and instructor approval to make such a switch the student does understand that they will pay for the section added.
One-Stop Convenience Center:
Once again, a one-stop convenience center will be available to students at the start of the semester. Opening January 7th, this center will be open through January 9th from 9:00 to 6:00 each day. For more information, please see: http://www.wmich.edu/registrar/onestop
Prerequisites - There may be students in courses this semester who registered for the course before grades were issued for the fall semester, who because of their fall grade do not meet the prerequisite. There is a report in Banner which will identify these students. For instructions on how to run the report, please see the bannertraining site, https://www.wmich.edu/bannertraining
Then click on the ‘Reporting SIS menu’ link on the left hand side.
Questions on this report should be directed to Michele McLaughlin, 387-3869, or email@example.com .
- Jan. 7, 2008, Monday – Spring classes begin at 8:00 am
- Jan. 11, 2008, Friday – Last day of the drop/add period
- Jan. 14, 2008, Monday – Dept clean up day, last day departments can make changes in student schedules.
- Jan. 14, 2008, Monday - Census Day
- Jan. 17, 2008, Thursday – Last day for 90% refund for complete withdrawal
- Jan. 18, 2008, Friday- Last day for 50% refund for partial withdrawal
- Jan. 21, 2008, Monday – MLK Day, no classes
- Jan 21- 28, 2008 – Final review of Fall 2008 schedules
- Jan. 28, 2008, Monday, Fall 2008 schedule corrections due in Registrar’s Office
- Feb. 4, 2008, Monday – Last day for 50% refund for complete withdrawal
- Feb. 4, 2008, Monday – Summer I/II schedules available for viewing
- Feb. 18, 2008, Monday- Summer I/II registration opens
- Feb. 29, 2008, Friday – Last day for 25% refund for complete withdrawal
Again, welcome back, I look forward to working with all of you this spring.